Tuesday 28 January 2014

Story board




Story board script:

It is set infront of a church. He is looking directly into the camera answering a question. 
Man: yes I have lived here my whole life. Up to a couple years ago the church was the centre of our community. I have loved and mourned there and its very sad for me to see the church being disused.

(flash back of when he was a boy and memories of the church)

Boy: I grew up here using the church as a place to meet my friends, play football- oh I was so good at football (laughs/smiles/big grin) The church was the place to be back then, and I wish it still was now.

(Flash back sitting on the bench)

Boy; I met my wife here at this magnificent church, she was picking flowers and I hit her with a football. I saw her everyday admiring her beauty and when I was about fifteen I gathered up the courage to ask her out on a date. We sat here on this very bench, eating cherries from the church garden, and look at it now. People used to have so much fun here.


(Flash back of wedding)

Seven years later, we celebrated our wedding here. It was one of the best days of my life. She looked wonderful. It was extra special because it was here, now no-one would be able to get married here.

(Flash back of Christening)

A few years after that, our first daughter was born Katie was her name. Oh it was such stunning baby. We christened her on April the 4th 1967 on her first birthday, in this very church. Its sad to think this cannot happen any more.

The church was glowing with happiness and love, what has happened?

Our  church is disused, there’s no place for a boy to meet a girl, a man to marry a women and a life full memories to take place as no-one is here to do it.

You kids with your new technology, you have so much to live for, so much potential but you need to somewhere to express yourself.  (say to kids)
looks at one child: where do you go to play?

Child: I have nowhere to go


We need to work together to give these children a place to go, for the sake of our community. Lets put the WE back into Weston…together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment